Payments Services Team Lead
Department: Member Support
The Payments Services Team Leader role is distinctly positioned within the business. It oversees our payment and operational side of servicing as well as encompasses, data analysis, payments and communication with external partners and operations manager for the payments area.
We are seeking an experienced Payments Team Lead with a very strong focus on customer service. The role would need to own, develop and nurture the relationship between the team, the Tide Members and the operations team. This aspect would require excellent social and communication skills, ability to adapt to changes and work with different stakeholders within the company. You will be directly responsible for the performance of your team and the achievement of their targets.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of payments, re-calls, direct debits, and all payments related queries.
- Management of agents and all aspects related to that task – assisting them with more complicated cases and providing guidance where necessary, ensuring they are trained to deliver a high standard of service required for their role.
- Assigning tasks including daily organisation of the communications.
- Mentoring your team, monitoring their progress, goals, and removing blockers that prevent optimal performance. Providing guidance and support to agents with their long-term career journey at Tide.
- Reviewing and improving existing processes and procedures.
- Reporting, analysing data, spotting membership opportunities, improving processes and work practices.
- Identifying exceptions to processes and implement straight-through processing solutions.
- Keeping up to date with new developments and ensure adequate training for the team
- Creating monthly schedules and participating in resource planning initiatives
- Liaising between different departments and leads of other teams – coordinating across different business areas to achieve a common goal.
- Maintaining good intra and interdepartmental communications
- Participating in the recruitment process and acquisition of new account management staff.
- Conducting effective one-on-ones on a weekly basis and keeping track of meeting minutes in line with company procedures.
- Contributing towards company-wide projects as required.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve spent at least two years in a leadership role within customer support.
- You can demonstrate can do attitude and hands-on approach
- You have attention to details
- You are organised, pragmatic and capable of leading an interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to take the initiative and remove any blockers wherever necessary.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch.
- You have experience in creating or improving existing processes.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team and collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.