Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As a People Manager at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
We are organised into Dojos that promote learning, development and technical expertise. We are autonomous and cross-functional, using data to drive solutions for product and engineering challenges. We are curious and empathetic about our Tide members, we work as one team to accomplish our goals, and take pride in the quality of our work. Our mission is simple, to be the best and grow the best.
As part of Tide’s amazing Engineering team your responsibilities will be;
- Manage engineers and actively guide the employment life cycle, starting from hiring, induction through to off-boarding.
- Facilitate and implement performance reviews and reward processes for reporting engineers, while seeking inputs from Product Owners, Agile Coaches and Engineering leadership.
- Leverage analytics and trained instincts to anticipate people issues and opportunities, and drive solutions with a data-driven approach.
- Work with Engineering leadership and engineers to prepare a skill growth plan and periodically review progress.
- Facilitate conflict management and collaborate with location HR operations to ensure compliance.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You have a high level of empathy and great communication skills.
- You are good with people and you love to manage, coach and support people.
- You know how to execute any unpopular decisions that an employer may sometimes have to take.
- You are a team player who is able to cooperate with other stakeholders influencing the development of your team members.
The highly desirables:
- You have worked in a scaled engineering organisation before and know what good career paths and career growth look like.
- You have a background in Engineering, Agile, leadership or HR roles and are able to transfer your experience into a new context.
- You have a background in coaching and/ or organisational psychology.
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.