Department: People & Culture
(This is not a conventional HR role)….
As People Manager at Tide, you will manage a team of engineers using your knowledge of coaching techniques, servant leadership and facilitation to maximise the potential of the Tideans you work with. You will confidently handle difficult situations and have great conflict resolution skills, consistently supporting the performance and development of your team. You’ll also have the ability to maintain and create strong working relationships at all levels, and will confidently dive into new projects across the organisation. You’ll have a deep understanding on how to support the technical and career development of the engineers as well as the wider teams they collaborate with. Emotionally intelligent and empathetic, you’ll efficiently lead on the engagement, productivity, development and growth of the engineers whilst actively supporting other leaders. You’ll also consistently strive to be a great leader providing industry standard behaviour and have a great drive to continuously improve your own skills.
The technical teams at Tide are organised into Dojos that promote learning, development and technical expertise. We are autonomous and cross-functional, using data to drive solutions for product and engineering challenges. We are curious and empathetic about our Tide members, we work as one team to accomplish our goals, and take pride in the quality of our work.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Managing and leading engineers, actively guiding their employment life cycle, starting from hiring, onboarding all the way through to off-boarding. Providing constructive feedback and supporting their career development through coaching and setting expectations/goals.
- Collaborating on multiple projects including the implementation and iterations of the growth frameworks in each dojo and supporting the development plans of your teams and how they fit together.
- Collaborating with other People Managers across multiple locations to enable consistency at a global scale.
- Providing constructive feedback to all levels within the organisation.
- Living the data driven value by using analytics and trained instincts to anticipate people issues, opportunities and drive solutions.
- Facilitating conflict management and collaborating with the People & Culture team operations for compliance and support business wide initiatives.
- Supervising managerial operations including leave, expense and l&d budget approvals, first point of contact for queries,, team building, wellbeing initiatives, events, sessions and meet-ups.
- Collaborating with the functional heads of departments, through regular meetings and discussions related to the engineers’ performance and development.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ll have at least 4 years of experience managing people, or as a consultant.
- You have a high level of empathy and great communication skills.
- You are good with people and you love to manage, coach and support people.
- You are a team player who is able to cooperate with other stakeholders influencing the development of your team members.
- You have an excellent grasp of agile and lean methodologies and like to get things done.
- You live the motto, ‘stop starting, and start finishing.’
- You have worked in a scaled agile engineering organisation before and know what good career paths and career growth look like.
- You may have a background in engineering, agile, leadership or perhaps in a HR role and are able to transfer your experience into a new context.
- You may have a background in coaching and/or organisational psychology.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical insurance
- Life and accidental insurance
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.