Department: People & Culture
We are looking for an enthusiastic People Partner who will be able to turbo-charge our People & Culture projects and initiatives to provide best-in-class employee experience to our global team.
You’ll be hands-on, self-motivated, people focussed and results driven. Someone who is very familiar with the end-to-end employee lifecycle. You’ll be working on all things people-related, supporting people initiatives and business leaders with their teams.
Working as part of the People Team you will ensure our people are taken care of, are happy, engaged and recognised.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Constantly aiming to improve service delivery and customer service by making recommendations and improvements on existing and new policies, processes and procedures
- Acting as an advisor, coach and mentor on the full remit of a variety of employee relations as they arise and using your expertise to help solve issues
- Creating, implementing and executing new People & Culture projects and initiatives according to the needs of Tide
- Running, assessing and improving existing initiatives, including wellbeing, benefits, L&D programs etc.
- Supporting employee lifecycle management processes such as onboarding, termination, personal data changes and internal transfers
- Contributing to ensuring that people systems and administrative processes are efficient, effective and responsive to Tide needs
- Promoting the active use of people systems, policies and processes
- Advising managers on our processes of non-employees e.g. consultants, contractors temporary workers etc
- Being a cultural ambassador, championing our values and making sure they’re part of all of everything we do
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 4 years experience in a human resources role, in a fast-growing startup/scale-up environment as HR Generalist or People Advisor
- You’re CIPD certified or partly certified
- You have great knowledge of UK employment legislation and at least some experience with HR compliance
- You have previous experience working across the whole employee lifecycle including onboarding, performance management, absence management and off-boarding
- You have a proven track-record of running HR initiatives and increasing employee engagement
- You’re organised with strong problem-solving, interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- You’re resourceful in your approach to resolving day to day HR issues and queries
- You have an eye for detail, and focus on delivery and quality
- You’re team-orientated, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You may also have some familiarity with Lattice and BambooHR
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.