Principal Data Warehouse Engineer
As part of the Data Warehouse team, you will be responsible for running the data systems and services that monitor and report on the end to end Data infrastructure. We are heavily dependent on Snowflake, Airflow, Fivetran, Looker for our business intelligence and embrace AWS as a key partner across our engineering teams. You will report directly in the Head of Data Engineering and work closely with our ML Engineering and Data science Team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Integration of additional data sources into our Snowflake Data Warehouse using Fivetran or custom code
- Building infrastructure that helps our analysts to move faster, such as adding tests to our CI/CD systems
- Designing, developing, and implementing scalable, automated processes for data extraction, processing, and analysis
- Maintaining an accurate log of the technical documentation for the warehouse
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as they arise
- Ensuring all servers and applications are patched and upgraded in a timely manner
- Looking for ways of improving both what and how services are delivered by the department
- Building data loading services for the purpose of importing data from numerous, disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational databases
- Working with the BI Developer to ensure that all data feeds are optimised and available at the required times. This can include Change Capture, Change Data Control and other “delta loading” approaches
- Discovering, transforming, testing, deploying and documenting data sources
- Applying, help defining, and championing data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, coding best practises, and peer review
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Family & Self Health Insurance
- Life & Accidental Insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget (fixed amount of 40,000 per year)
- Flexible working options
- Share Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 10+ years of experience into software development
- You have extensive development in Building ELT pipelines (Snowflake added advantage )
- You have experience in building data solutions, both batch processes and streaming applications
- You have extensive experience in designing , architecting and implementing best Data Engineering practices
- You have good experience in Data Modelling
- You have extensive experience in writing SQL statements and performance tuning them
- You have experience in data mining, data warehouse solutions, and ETL, and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- You have experience architecting analytical databases
- You have experience working in a data engineering or data warehousing team
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- You have strong technical documentation skills and the ability to be clear and precise with business users
- You have business-level of English and good communication skills
- You have knowledge of various systems across the AWS platform and the role they play e.g. Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, Glue
- You have experience with Git and Docker
- You have experience with with Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.