Delhi NCR, Hybrid
Job Title: Privacy Counsel
Location: Gurgaon or elsewhere in India (remote)
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
About the job
As a Privacy Counsel you’ll be part of Tide Legal and you’ll be working as part of a team led by our global Data Protection Officer (DPO). Tide Legal is a close-knit global team of professionals located in London, Sofia and Delhi. The Legal team at Tide is one of the most cross-functional teams in the company, helping Tideans and the business accomplish their goals, grow the company’s revenue and stay compliant.
We’ve created the Privacy Counsel role to help us advance our privacy compliance programme in India while at the same time streamlining our data protection processes and operations on a global level. You will be able to lend your skills to a number of business areas across Tide with regular exposure to senior business stakeholders. The results of your work will have a real impact on Tide’s business contributing to its overall success and growth.
We are looking for someone who has experience with the implementation of data protection requirements and good practices in a corporate context, and who will join Tide as the linchpin for our data protection compliance program in India making an impact from day one.
You are a lawyer with ample knowledge about the fundamentals of global and national data protection law and policy. Experience with corporate risk management, management of data protection and privacy programs and the operationalisation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a strong plus.
You have your sights firmly set to work in a global fintech company. You’re hungry to learn more and help your stakeholders achieve their goals. You're pragmatic and deliver common sense advice that's tailored to financial products and company priorities.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Advising the business on strategic and day-to-day data protection issues
- Reviewing and responding to requests by data principals (data subjects)
- Building and maintaining corporate data inventory records
- Assessing the data protection impact of new company products, systems and processes
- Drafting and negotiating data protection provisions in contracts
- Drafting and maintenance of policies, processes, and operational procedures
- Developing and delivering trainings and awareness campaigns
- Investigating data breach incidents and corresponding with customers and regulators
You’d be the great fit if you have:
- At least 4+ years of experience in the data protection field working in a law firm or an in-house information security, compliance, legal or similar risk-management department
- Strong knowledge of Indian and global (e.g. EU GDPR) privacy and data protection regulations and experience with their implementation in practice and in a multinational context
- Technical experience with the implementation of privacy-preserving technologies and controls as part of product development will be a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to report succinctly to senior management and second line of defence teams, ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work and execute independently with limited managerial guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work remotely as part of a global team, in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Certifications by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) such as CIPP/E, CIPP/A, CIPM, CIPT, or similar are not required but desirable
- A legal degree.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development with individual L&D
- Flexible working options
- Share Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.