Department: Design, UX & Brand
As a Mid-Level Product Designer, you will work across our consumer apps, ios, android and web. You’ll also work with the product and engineering teams on our ambitious and rapidly scaling products. You’ll support design on a product area and work within a focused team as well as contributing to Tide’s design systems and overall user experience. As a design team we work closely and collaboratively, everyone's input and opinion is shared to help us all create the best work for our members.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with developers, data scientists, product owners, and UX research to build, ship, and create a world-class SME financial platform.
We're keen to ensure we're creating a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Designing and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
- Effectively communicating conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Contributing to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, product owners, UX writers and developers
- Contributing to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines
What you’ll get in return:
- Family health insurance
- Life and Accidental Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Dental Treatment Assistance
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Flexible working options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a portfolio showcasing your product design work
- You have at least 3 years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience focused on creating digital software products
- You have Solid UI/UX design experience
- You are a strong conceptual thinker
- You are experienced in designing for consumer facing native apps is a must, iOS and Android
- You have the ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- You are detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- You must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- You are resilient
- You are obsessed with getting the details right while providing the best user experience you understand business goals and constraints.
- You have strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications
- You are able to seek out data for decision making and have experience conducting or supporting user research.
- You have strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
- You have the ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
- You have experience with atomic design systems, components and style guides.
- You have advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Invision, Adobe CS
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.