Department: Design, UX & Brand
We’re looking for a bright, talented Product Designer who is passionate about brilliant customer experiences, and knows how to make them happen. The impact and scope of this role are huge, and you’ll be a key contributor to our continued success as we shape the future of our financial platform for Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product designers, content designers and researchers – and hand-in-hand with developers, data scientists, product owners, and VPs to define, design, build and shape a world-class SME financial platform.
We want to create a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working in a cross-functional product design squad, responsible for key design artifacts, and led by a member-first, Design thinking approach.
- Understanding the members to whom you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, gleaning previous insights, digging into usage analytics, or running your own research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you're solving. So we create products that save our Members time and money.
- Playing a supporting role in the evolving design process at Tide; helping estimate design effort required, tracking to OKRs, and measuring how experience impacts our members
- Working alongside colleagues from adjacent disciplines within Product Design: UX Research and UX Content, to understand the core needs of our members’, and find innovative and well-thought ways to meet these needs
- Using the Tide Design System to create experiences that align to usage guidelines and specifications for standards, components, and patterns in figma and zeroheight, and keep the experience for our members consistent and world-class
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your professional development with 20,000INR for L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a minimum 3 years’ relevant commercial experience in a UX or Product Design role, designing and optimizing digital products for a B2B or B2E audience
- You have experience of articulating the end user’s needs when working in a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers and Product Managers
- You have the ability to influence product owners, engineering teams and other Product Designers; keenness to advocate for best solution; ample pragmatism to realize when compromise is needed
- You have a data-driven approach and the ability to recommend designs based on customer research, business priority and technical constraints
- You're flexible and pragmatic approach to the challenges of designing digital experiences in a small organization with rapid growth
- You have experience of the full cycle of Design Thinking, from understanding the problem, to creating design solutions
- Demonstrable proficiency in Figma
- You're passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll design with all our members in mind.
- You have experience of working in an agile environment
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion:
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.