Product Manager – III(Invoice Product)
You are a Product Manager, who loves to build data-centric platform capabilities that make it possible to provide customers with best in class products and services. You strongly believe in agile principles and use them to deliver value incrementally. You are eager to learn about new methodologies and practices and apply them directly in your work. You have experience leading and coaching teams and take pride in seeing people you helped succeed.
Once you’ve joined Tide, you will lead the delivery of our invoices receivable charter, ensuring we have the right technology and product features in place to meet the varying needs of businesses.
A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the product vision to life whilst playing an active role within Tide’s product team. Working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product. You will be working closely with the Product Manager for Invoicing and get mentorship and career development guidance.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building invoicing as a product to save small business owners time and money
- Work with data science, engineering and designers to achieve value for our customers
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
- Coordinating with various business stakeholders to align on next priorities and values to
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Life & Term Insurance
- Personal & Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Dental expense of 10,000/Year
- We invest in your development with a 40,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options
- Share Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve spent at least 4+ years in a product management/Business analytics/Product analytics role
- You’ve worked with engineering and/or data teams before producing value to customers
- You have the ability to think out of the box to find creative solutions to business problems and drive adoption of products
- You should be able to say “not now” (but not “no”), and be ruthlessly prioritizing your product roadmap against OKRs
- You are entrepreneurial and a growth mindset person with a keen focus on analytics, metrics to observe impact.
- You’ll thrive with autonomy and be able to plan ahead and execute well at the same time
- You’ll be analytical and organized, be able to understand complex matters and simplify them to the customer and to your colleagues
- You’ll be solution driven, finding the most cost-efficient ways to solve problems you or our customers face
- You’ll have an iterative approach to discover the truth and test every hypothesis you have with the market and customers and use those insights to improve
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.