Product Owner (Adtech) – Contract
Department: Marketing Member Engagement
Employment Type: Contract
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 120,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
With 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
As a Product Owner at Tide you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
In this role you’ll become a core part of Tide’s Product team, where you’ll be working alongside experienced product owners and hand-in-hand with architects, developers, designers and marketers to research, build, ship and improve features.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
We’re looking for an exceptional and ambitious Product Owner to play a pivotal part in our growth story. Your responsibilities would include:
- Owning and independently defining the vision for one or more Tide features focusing on Adtech and marketing
- Building a strong understanding of Tide member needs and assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, and testing hypotheses with data analysis
- End to end ownership over the delivery of new features and improvements to existing features
- Communicating progress on the area of the product with the rest of the business
As a Product Owner, we will also expect you to play a meaningful role in Tide’s Product Community of Practice.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience advising on when to build or buy solutions, to be delivered in new product features
- You shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before as a Product Owner.
- 5+ years cumulative experience in consulting, product, a start-up, or other function where the core of the business was a technical product
- You’re a product evangelist: obsessed with the end user, well-versed in best product research and development practices and are willing to share your knowledge with other product owners
- You’re organised and pragmatic, capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You deeply understand agile product development best practices
- The idea of building products that have never been built before excites you