Product Owner (Credit)
Department: Credit Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 120,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
With 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
As a Product Owner (Credit) at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you’ll become a core part of Tide’s Credit team, which is responsible for ensuring our Credit products, Credit Partnerships, and operational capabilities are market leading. As a member of the team you’ll be working alongside experienced product managers and hand-in-hand with designers, developers and marketers, to research, build, ship and improve features.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, commercial or technical
- At least 2 years of experience working within a credit company, preferably lending to businesses
- You should be independent, and thrive in autonomous environment, resourceful and goal driven
- You should be analytical, detail oriented and able to understand and work with significant amount of data
- You should be able to form relationship across the business and work with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- You should be able to say “not now” (but not “no”), and be ruthlessly proritizing your product roadmap against OKRs
The highly desirables:
- Previous experience in a FinTech company would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a lending business to SMEs would be an advantage
- A Masters degree in Finance/Economics related field would be a plus
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.