Product Owner – Credit
Department: Credit Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
Tide is the emerging leader in SME challenger banking in the UK and has been ranked as a Top 100 FinTech by KPMG. We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. That’s why we are passionate about our mission is to help SMEs – our members – save time (and money).
The Tide platform not only offers business bank account and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly usable administrative solutions, such as full integration with accounting systems. Tide believes that truly serving SMEs well requires relentless focus on their needs. That is why Tide is SME only. Based in central London and Sofia, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Alex Chesterman (Zoopla) as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Augmentum, Creandum, LocalGlobe and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Product Owner at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you’ll become a core part of Tide’s Credit team, which is responsible for ensuring our Credit products, Credit Partnerships, and operational capabilities are market leading. As a member of the team you’ll be working alongside experienced product managers and hand-in-hand with designers, developers and marketers, to research, build, ship and improve features.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
Who are we looking for?
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, commercial or technical
- At least 2 years of experience working within a credit company, preferably lending to businesses
- You should be independent, and thrive in autonomous environment, resourceful and goal driven
- You should be analytical, detail oriented and able to understand and work with significant amount of data
- You should be able to form relationship across the business and work with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- You should be able to say “not now” (but not “no”), and be ruthlessly proritizing your product roadmap against OKRs
- Previous experience in a FinTech company would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a lending business to SMEs would be an advantage
- A Masters degree in Finance/Economics related field would be a plus
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.