Product Owner (KYC)
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As a Product Owner for KYC at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
In this role, you’ll play a leading role within Tide’s Product team – working alongside experienced Product Owners and hand-in-hand with Head of KYC, VP of Member Services, VP of Risk & Compliance, Solution Architects, Data Scientists, Developers, Designers and Marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
As part of this team, you will:
- Define & scope new projects preferably leveraging Robotics Process Automation tools, create high level requirements, refine epics & user stories and prioritise the backlog
- Own end to end delivery of new features and improvements to existing features
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for KYC and work with the Head of KYC to implement target state procedures and monitor uptick within the KYC Analyst team
- Define / present test scenarios, based on the user stories, to QA / Regression teams after these are signed off by the KYC team and take part in testing of new functionalities
- Play a key role in new product development process and input into the design of products from a KYC perspective
- Raise concerns about the technical product design that could put the stability and resiliency of the business at risk
- Work with the Lead Product Owner to improve product quality and optimize conversion rate of Members while remaining compliant with KYC / AML regulations
- Establish benefits realization process for Automation and create use cases for benefits optimization that can be resolved via Automation
- Work closely with legal, compliance, payments, finance, technical team, UX designers, developers and other product owners, to continuously optimise processes and innovate within an agile environment
- Deliver a smooth customer experience by ensuring seamless processes
- Represent and contribute to our company’s values of data-driven, members first efficiency, One Team.
- You have 4+ years experience in analysing / developing highly successful and innovative processes ideally KYC or Onboarding
- You have strong technical skills and self reliant in extracting, cleaning and analysing data, working closely with technical teams
- You are all over agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban – more practice than textbook of course with at least 3 years of experience working with Agile practices
- You are organised and pragmatic, capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You are a self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, you know how to multi-task and get things done
- You get excited with the idea of building products that have never been built before
The highly desirables:
- Master / Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Management or a related discipline is highly advantageous but not a necessity
- You have an understanding of and familiarity with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) domain and tools
- Leadership, Hands-on attitude, delivery oriented and results driven, with a pragmatic implementation focus;
- Fluent in English
- Technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
- We’re hiring for product owners at a range of seniorities across multiple business areas. If you’re unsure, please apply – and we will aim to find the right role for you.
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.