Product Owner – Member Engagement
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Owner to join Tide to play a key role building market-leading products for a company that’s attracting more than 10% of the new business current account market.
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Product Owner at Tide, fondly referred to as a Tidean (a god like challenger of the banking world), you will be part of a team that’s at the forefront revolutionising how small business owners manage their companies. By building products that automate tasks that sap the productivity of business owners (payroll, invoicing, VAT filing and many more), we allow businesses to be managed digitally and solve real-world problems. As a member of the team you’ll be working alongside experienced product managers and hand-in-hand with talented designers, developers and marketers, to understand the needs of small businesses and to research, build, ship and improve features.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and committed to building something different.
Who are we looking for?
- You shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before, with 1-3 years’ experience
- You’re a product evangelist: obsessed with the end user, well-versed in product research practices and are willing to share your knowledge with other product owners
- You’re organised and pragmatic, capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- The idea of building products that have never been built before excites you
- You get a kick out of monitoring the metrics of products you’ve built
- You’re willing to develop expertise and be the “go-to expert” for a particular area who can hold their own is discussions
- You’re seen as a “safe pair of hands” and can robustly work with suppliers
- You may have experience in fintech, building products for SMEs or running your own company, but this is not a necessity
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- Flexible working
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing – we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days – get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins