Product Security Engineer – II
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As a Application Security Engineer you will be passionate about security and secure application design. You will love helping engineers create more secure web and mobile applications.
You will be comfortable explaining security issues and concerns to both product owners and engineers and love the feeling you get when this results in them releasing a more resilient product.
You will be a keen proponent of using automation in software build and deployment pipelines to ensure that any new release is tested for security bugs and bug classes before it hits production.
You will be a keen follower of all things Infosec and constantly be on the lookout for ways to apply new industry trends and tools to your day to day role.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Performing application security design evaluations and code reviews, and providing subject matter expertise around these topics
- Owning and defining Tide’s threat modelling methodology, and embedding this across Tide’s engineering community
- Owning and nurturing the relationship between Information Security and Engineering, and developing good working practices between the two teams
- Improving Tide’s engineering standards in line with industry best practices by embedding a secure by default approach into all stages of the development lifecycle
- Evaluating, implementing and managing 3rd party application security tools that complement Tide’s existing technology stack
- Developing a repository of tailored application security training content for consumption by Tide’s engineering community
- Balancing information security risk with product feature advancement, and incorporating the use of best-practice risk management methodology within the development process
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail-making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have software engineering experience in an agile environment
- You are able to intuitively find flaws in software and can effectively communicate how to fix them
- You have the ability to think like an attacker and use that context to develop threat models
- You can enable other engineering teams to find flaws before they are introduced into production
- You have technical knowledge in one of the following: cloud security, web application security, mobile security
- You have knowledge of secure coding and best practices
- You have a hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
- You have experience with OWASP frameworks, static & dynamic analysis, and common exploitation methods
- You may have knowledge of OWASP SAMM
- You may have experience working within the Fintech sector
- You may have worked within a fast scaling business
- You may have familiarity with fuzzing as a way to find bugs
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.