Production Support Engineer – 2
As a Support Engineer at Tide be working closely with the front line teams and the Agile engineering teams, in order to deliver a responsive, efficient and reliable support service to ensure our members have the best experience possible.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Investigating production issues, facilitating escalations and suggesting workarounds.
- Ensuring software bugs are confirmed before assigning business areas for prioritisation.
- Leading escalations and process improvements, as well as mentoring the other Support Engineers
- Diving into the performance of our various services, looking for and analysing any issues, then working across teams to help drive improvements.
- Supporting the constant changes and improvements being driven across the company to develop and improve our services
- Representing the team with senior management as required
- Participating in the out of hours on-call rota, ensuring that urgent issues are responded to, escalated and addressed effectively, and in line with policy and process
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family medical insurance
- Life & Accidental insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- We invest in your development with a 20,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 2+ years of relevant experience
- You have an excellent working experience of:
- RESTful APIs and Web Services
- RDBMS, specifically MySQL or Postgres
- Troubleshooting backend, web and mobile applications
- You have solid experience supporting and developing Python code, in order to script common support and operational tasks
- You’re experienced in leading/owning incident investigations, collaborating with technical engineers, third parties and business teams in order to resolve complex problems
- You have an analytical mind and excel at solving problems, collaborating with the other technical and non-technical teams to arrive at the right solution
- You’re comfortable managing competing priorities and escalations, ensuring issues are understood and owned until their conclusion
- You have excellent communication and reporting skills; to technical and non-technical team members
- You have developed and implemented service monitoring and alerting processes and tools – we use Datadog extensively
- You are comfortable analysing services and interfaces, spotting trends and issues
- You have some experience of automation of manual processes
- You are experienced working with AWS and in Unix/Linux environments
- You have worked extensively with Jira and Confluence tools, and be experienced in using customer ticketing systems
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.