Python Backend Architect – Data/ML
You are enthusiastic about using data technology to solve business problems. This opportunity is a great fit, if you have data & software development skills and eager for an opportunity to build & maintain a cloud native, enterprise-scale data, analytics and ML systems. You have an agile mindset, aiming to deliver business value in increments. Work alongside other data engineers, data scientists and Product Managers in order to quickly productionize high quality analytical & ML applications. You'll help automate and streamline MLOps processes thru development of platforms and tools.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Creating and maintaining ML pipelines to operationalize ML models
- Developing & deploying low latency and highly scalable dockerized micro services in python
- Collaborating in cross-functional software/architecture design sessions to find the best solutions for the problems that we are facing
- Leading a team of ML engineers who will be responsible for scaling and deploying machine learning models for Tide.
- Participating in an agile development team that delivers value iteratively
- Building ML platform to speed up develop & deploy cycle and monitoring of models in production
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 25 days paid holidays
- Family medical Insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Learning & Development budget
- Flexible working hours
- Share Options
You’ll Be a Great Fit If
- You have at least 9+ years of software development experience
- You have strong hands on knowledge of building Microservices using Python/Java
- You must have experience in working with streaming platforms, such as Kafka/Kinesis
- You have a good understanding of distributed computing frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop etc
- You are experienced in productionizing ML-models
- You have good understanding of enterprise architecture
- You have a good understanding of AWS ecosystem for big data analytics
- Experience with Git and Docker
- You have experience working with agile teams and improving the outcomes they are delivering
- You have experience in building highly available and scalable microservices
- You have strong communication skills
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s What We Think About Diversity And Inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A Note On The Future Of Work At Tide
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.