Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
As a QA Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will be working in the Quality Assurance – Software Engineering function. We aim to be a catalyst to make Tide Banking as well known for how it uses technology as its brand is known for their banking service.
The department is undergoing extensive change. You will help change how software is built by implementing modern software engineering principals and help create a new culture of delivery excellence and innovation.
You will be building mobile/desktop & tablet native apps and websites for our brands. You will have an excellent background in manual testing and QA processes with a strong ethic for ensuring and delivering quality.
We require somebody that thinks like a software engineer and has a passion for testing complex systems, test automation, test-driven development and behaviour-driven development.
We are looking for a Tidean who is:
- Passionate about quality, you strive to avoid introduction of issues, advocating best practices to ensure excellence is built into the process
- Well practiced with exploratory manual testing, acceptance testing and NFR testing
- You enjoy working in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality
- Excellent experience and understanding of API test tools and process
- Work closely with the development team to analyse, understand and influence unit test and integration coverage
- Enjoy working with talented engineers and can influence system design for reliability, performance and testability
- Enjoy people interaction and can collaborate with the engineering organisation
- Comfortable in fast paced, agile and informal environment
- Curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt
- Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. CI/CD, TDD, BDD, performance in design, self-healing solutions)
- Highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, detail oriented self-starter
- Respond rather than react.
- You’ll be strong experienced with:
- BDD, Gherkin, Cucumber
- Java, Postman, JMeter, Charles Proxy, Rest Assured
- Selenium, Webdriver, Appium, Serenity
- GitHub, Jenkins, CI delivery pipeline
- Jira/ Confluence
- You’ll be effective at communication and reporting to technical and non-technical team members
- You’ll have an analytical mind and be a strong problem solver
- You’ll be self-managed, proactive and efficient with time management
The highly desirables:
- Performance Testing experience would be beneficial
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
About the Perks
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Flexible working
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.