QA Engineer with Automation
As a QA Engineer with Automation you'll demonstratе a growth mindset, will be adaptive and outcome oriented. You’ll be a strong team player, leading and contributing to technical cross functional initiatives, providing constructive feedback to shape improvements and achieve technical excellence. You’ll have experience applying the testing pyramid, processes and tooling, and comfortable working in Agile environments.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Creating concise and comprehensive test plans and automated test cases
- Creating, reviewing and executing test strategies
- Engaging engineers to learn and apply guidelines
- Performing functional and non-functional tests, manual and automated
- Promoting testing principles and practices for peers and teams
- Participating in and facilitating the release process
- Maintaining CI/CD tooling and pipelines, test environment setup and data generation
- Fixing errors and issues in the existing test data
- Demonstrating solid analytical and communication skills
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 3-4 years of extensive experience in functional and end-to-end testing
- Have basic/intermediate knowledge in Java programming and would like to improve your debugging skills
- Have been exposed to working with engineers and building tests at different stages
- Have experience in automation tools like Selenium, Appium, TestNG
- Have a desire to improve your knowledge in test automation
- Have been exposed to SQL
- Have experience in coaching and mentoring teams about quality and testing
- Are well versed and advocate for an advanced application of the Agile principles, practices and metrics
- You evangelise quality engineering principles and practices
- Experience in mobile testing would be a plus
- Any background in the digital banking and financial services domain would be beneficial
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Flexible working options and WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.