Quality Control Analyst (Communications)
Department: Risk & Compliance
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As a QC for communications at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of the QC team, you will be a crucial part of our second line of defence. You’ll be setting up the procedures and then conducting QC checks on our communications, including;
- Member complaints, to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and FCA and FOS requirements
- Communications with members in-app, via email and telephone, to ensure compliance with ‘tipping off’, the Vulnerable Customer policy, Conduct policy and Complaints policy
You’ll have great attention to detail and ensure any and all errors in process are identified and rectified. You’ll continually work to reduce regulatory and reputational risk, and improve quality, by exercising sound judgement.
You will be independent to the 1LOD teams, conducting quality checks on Tidean’s work, and providing qualitative and quantitative reporting regularly to the MLRO and other stakeholders including the Head of Member Support. You will assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with current processes, and make recommendations for improvement where necessary.
Based in Sofia, this role will initially report to the VP Risk and Compliance (MLRO) until a QC Team Leader joins later in 2020.
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Educated to degree level
- 2+ years of experience in a Compliance-related role at a leading FinTech or bank
- Ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive
- Excellent communication skills, both in terms of written (report writing) and verbal (feedback to analysts and agents where required)
- Passion for compliance and driving high quality
- Understanding of FCA and FOS complaints procedures
The highly desirables:
- Skills in statistical analysis and MS Excel
- Creating procedures from scratch
- Experience in call monitoring
- Previous QC experience is essential
- Familiarity of controls – identification, rectification of issues and creation of controls to mitigate risk from reoccurring
With over 140,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
About the Perks:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.