A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s Reconciliation team. Working alongside experienced professionals and hand-in-hand with various other team’s to help shape the function. You will have knowledge and experience of financial and operational Reconciliations, someone who is familiar with the day-to-day roles and responsibilities. You will play a key role in the advancement of automation and various other projects (working closely with teams, internally and externally) for the continuous enhancement of the Reconciliations function.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Supporting and completing the day-to-day activities of the Reconciliations function
- Helping to build out the Reconciliations function, including process and procedures
- Continuously looking for ways to improve automation and operational impacts
- Ensuring all Reconciliations and reporting are completed within SLA’s and a timely and robust manner
- Investigating and addressing any financial queries relating to operational finance coming from merchants, business partners, international schemes and internal teams
- Ensuring any key risks are identified and reported correctly
- Providing valuable support to the Senior Reconciliation Controller to ensure the smooth running of the Reconciliations function
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience in the FinTech/Financial services industry (minimum 3 years experience)
- Hands-on experience in a high-volume Reconciliations environment (minimum 1 year experience)
- Strong payments knowledge
- Experience in supporting the build of a Reconciliations function
- Confident in working closely with other teams at all levels
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- Highly organised, detail orientated, diligent and has excellent time-management skills
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.