Risk & Compliance Analyst – Financial Conduct Authority (UK)
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As a Compliance Analyst at Tide, you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. Tide’s compliance team plays a vital role in managing the business’ risks and ensuring we comply with all applicable regulatory and best practices requirements. You’ll provide assistance to the Compliance team in several tasks and have a lot of exposure to different projects across the business. You’ll be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on the way Tide conducts its business.
You’ll be entrepreneurial and an expert within a marketplace business, someone who is very familiar with the dynamics of marketplace platforms. You’ll also have the seniority and experience to build a team. A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s product team. Working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Assisting in the execution of the compliance monitoring plan, undertake some of the monitoring and actions or engage others where necessary.
- Researching regulatory changes and helping assess impact to Tide.
- Working with business areas to research regulatory requirements in support of product development.
- Keeping policies across the business up to date and tracking where refreshers are required.
- Tracking and record audit findings and subsequent actions.
- Maintaining the risk register with respective risk areas.
- Maintaining incident management and FCA Communication logs.
- Providing MI to our partners where required and liaison point for our partners with oversight requests.
- Tracking FCA deadlines, filing FCA submissions, maintaining a log of FCA contact, helping prepare for FCA meetings and visits.
- Supporting the Risk and Compliance committee.
- Logging training internally and coordinating risk and compliance-related training.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Life insurance and Accident insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Dental Benefit
- Learning & Development Budget
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 1 year of experience working in a Compliance/Risk role.
- You have up to date knowledge on FCA and AML/KYC regulations and guidelines. Previous experience with PSD2 regulations and guidelines will be an advantage.
- You are comfortable interpreting regulations and knowing where to search for regulation.
- You have a can-do, firm and proactive attitude. You’ll often be required to interact directly with other teams to chase/monitor on internal requests and demands.
- You are highly organized and able to prioritize workload working to tight deadlines
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.