Risk & Compliance Specialist
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
You’ll provide assistance to the Compliance team in several tasks and have a lot of exposure to different projects across the business. You’ll be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on the way Tide conducts its business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Assisting in the execution of the compliance monitoring plan, being responsible for the monitoring and actions or engaging others where necessary.
- Maintaining the Tide’s risk register with respective risk areas, ensuring all risks are properly identified, managed and remediation actions are taken.
- Coordinate completion of Risk Assessments for new products and services.
- Engaging with other teams to collect and preparing MI to be provided to internal or external stakeholders.
- Researching regulatory changes and helping assess impact to Tide.
- Working with business areas to research regulatory requirements in support of product development.
- Keeping policies across the business up to date and tracking where refreshers are required.
- Tracking and recording audit findings and subsequent actions.
- Maintaining incident management and FCA Communication logs.
- Liaising point for our partners with oversight requests.
- Tracking regulatory deadlines, filing submissions, maintaining a log of contact with regulators, helping prepare for regulatory meetings and visits.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance and the Risk and Compliance committee.
- Logging training internally and coordinating risk and compliance-related training.
- Interacting directly with other teams to monitor internal requests & demands.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- You have a minimum of 4 years of work experience in a Compliance/Risk Management role.
- You have prior experience in dealing with the FCA, including submissions of applications and reports.
- You have prior experience of working in a FinTech organisation.
- You possess up to date knowledge of FCA regulations and guidelines (SMCR, Payments, Conduct, AML).
- You are preferred if you have prior experience in Open Banking regulations and guidelines.
- You are comfortable in interpreting regulations and knowing where to search for regulations.
- You have a can-do, firm and proactive attitude.
- You are highly organised and are able to prioritise workload working to tight deadlines.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team and collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.