Sales Development Team Lead
As a Sales Development Team Leade, you’ll have previous experience building and managing your own sales team from scratch. Implementing structures and processes and will love the ability to make a role your own. As a natural leader, you’ll take enjoyment from coaching and developing your team.
Entrepreneurial by nature, you’ll be upbeat, kind, willing to get stuck in wherever needed, and will thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment. You’ll be hard working and a self starter with a keen sense of urgency. You’ll also be proactive, target driven and enjoy working cross functionally, constantly seeking new revenue opportunities for your team. Integrity and team spirit are at the heart of everything you do.
You’ll play a key, pivotal role within Tide, with a unique opportunity to scale a team and be responsible for driving Tide’s revenue to the next level.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
You’ll supervise a team of telesales agents in calling our members, building relationships with them and getting to understand their businesses. You’ll match their businesses with relevant products and services – ensuring that they thrive by using tools and services to save them time. The role will be phone based, in addition to leading the team you’ll have your own individual revenue targets.
- Scaling and building a team; hire, train, coach, develop and manage a team of sales/reps ensuring that their wellbeing is your top priority
- Working towards your own conversion and revenue target
- Using data analysis to inform decision making and identify good quality leads for our variety of products
- Identify new revenue opportunities to suit the member’s business at hand
- Regularly communicating cross functionally with the product teams, to ensure we continue to upsell the full updated range of products and services – from credit, expense cards, plans, invoicing and much more
- Managing day to day activities such as coaching and mentoring, call statistics, conversions, and continuously reporting back
- Leading presentations with team in weekly/monthly training sessions
- Motivating the sales team, monitoring activity, call volumes and service levels and taking appropriate action to optimise productivity
- Implementing documentation and processes
- Acting as an expert at troubleshooting blockers/bugs, always demonstrating a technical mindset
- Creating new processes/ workarounds and and coach the team through all issues that arise (both technical and non technical)
- Ensuring you are process driven and well organised so that objectives are met within tight deadlines.
- Managing budgets + P&L
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have previous experience building/ managing a team, and/or financial services telesales and sales management experience (and have undertaken and delivered business development training)
- You have demonstrable previous success working towards a revenue target
- You are creative – will look for new ideas outside the box
- You are proactive, constantly finding new ways to exceed targets and motivate your team
- You are great at identifying opportunities to improve efficiency within team processes
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English
- You have experience using Zendesk and are competent picking up new IT systems
- You feel comfortable working in a fast paced, quickly changing environment and will pioneer change
- You are confident, outgoing and enthusiastic – but are also compassionate and able to adapt to the needs of your team
- You are comfortable taking ad-hoc tasks to support other business areas, such as the KYC Analyst team or Member Support
- You possess some knowledge of Compliance, KYC, AML and associated regulations
- You have the ability to listen, learn and adapt to feedback and love working in a close-knit team and ultimately have a can do attitude
- You are data driven and have lots of experience analysing data