SDE III – Web/Lead SDE (Angular)
Department: Mobile & Web Engineering
As a Senior Web Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working on our new and existing projects for our onboarding, credit, payments, business services, member engagement or technology areas. We have a five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. You will be the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality. Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our Web Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide tick. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5 years of web development experience.
- Expertise with Angular 2+
- Expertise in OOP and RESTFul web services.
- Experience in code reviewing, writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks.
- Version control with GIT.
- JIRA, CI/CD, SDLC knowledge.
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Proactiveness and strong communication skills
- Experience and well versed in the JAMStack workflow
- Experience with Static Site generators and/or Angular Universal
The highly desirables:
- Experience with build and code-coverage tools.
- Experience with WordPress CMS (PHP) – Help us maintain and eventually migrate.
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x and newer versions – Help us maintain and eventually migrate.
- Hands on Pair programming.