Senior Android Engineer
As a Senior Android Engineer you’ll work daily on implementing and maintaining good technical practices and development methods. This is essential as we pursue an internationally scalable and maintainable product. You’ll collaborate closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Writing high-quality and highly testable code using Kotlin and RxJava.
- Contributing to the Android technical architecture and vision as we expand and grow our product.
- Reviewing code and ensure that our foundations are solid.
- Driving the release process and be doing pair programming whenever needed.
- Mentoring less experienced engineers
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have decent experience with Java, Kotlin, and with recent Android SDKs.
- Have experience with Dependency injection frameworks (Dagger 2).
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Have experience integrating with third-party RESTful APIs, and associated libraries.
- Write & maintain unit tests. UI testing is a plus.
- Have working knowledge of software design patterns and of the application DLC.
- Have experience building complex Android apps that are successfully shipped to customers.
- Have experience in code reviewing.
- Are familiar with working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment.
- Are open to mentoring less experienced developers.
- Have experience working in a TDD/BDD environment.
- Have worked in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Have a relevant technical degree.
- Are fluent in English.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are located in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Being members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven. We make decisions and create insights using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- Additional health and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday
- We invest in your development with a professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Multisport Card, fully sponsored by the company
- Food vouchers
- Flexible working options
- Perks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.