Senior Android Engineer
As a Senior Android Engineer at Tide, you’ll work daily on implementing and maintaining good technical practices and development methods. This is essential as we pursue an internationally scalable and maintainable product. You’ll collaborate closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas. We have a busy roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems.
- Going to be the person whom less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality.
- Becoming part of one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be working closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Joining our Android Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome.
- Learning – career progression is as important to us as it is for you, and we therefore have put in place a Tide Growth Framework to guide you! With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire.
You’ll be a great fit if you have/are:
- 6+ years of industry experience, in which at least 5 of them on Android Development.
- Experience with various Android libraries and tools (Room DB, RxJava, Kotlin Flows, Android Navigation, Dagger, Koin, Gson, Retrofit, etc.). Demonstrate strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Any experience with various Flutter libraries and tools (Dart, Stream, RxDart, Flutter Widget and i18n, etc) and full-stack Flutter development (UI, Services, Database, etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience integrating with third-party RESTful APIs, and associated libraries.
- Experience in writing tests, and working with test frameworks, and build code-coverage tools. Background in TDD/BDD is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment.
- Comfortable working with some legacy code whilst proactively pushing technology approach and choice forward.
- Experience building sleek, high-performance user interfaces and complex Android apps that successfully shipped to customers.
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle as well as in UI/UX concepts.
- Proactiveness and strong communication skills.
- Lifelong learning mindset and open to exploring and working with different technologies.
- Stay up to date with best programming practices and new tech trends.
- Very good command of spoken and written English.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- Additional health and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday
- We invest in your development with a professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Multisport Card, fully sponsored by the company
- Food vouchers
- Flexible working options
- Perks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.