Senior Android Engineer
As an Senior Android Engineer at Tide, you’ll report directly to the People Manager and Head of Android Engineering (Functional) and work in a team of highly skilled android engineers. You will be working alongside experienced developers and product professionals and collaborate with senior developers, data scientists and designers build, ship and improve the Tide product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas. We have a busy roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems.
- Being the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality.
- Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Being part of our Android Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
You’ll be a great fit if :
- You have 5+ years of industry experience, in which at least some of them on Android Development
- You have experience in technically leading a team of engineers, with the ability to develop and mentor less experienced developers.
- You have Solid experience in Kotlin
- You have understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and Mobile architecture.
- You have a good grasp of RESTFul web services.
- You are experienced in code reviewing, and writing tests.
- You have Version control with GIT experience.
- You have JIRA, CI/CD knowledge and understand UI/UX concepts.
- You have experience in Agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban.
- You are Proactive and have strong communication skills.
- You have experience in build and code-coverage tools.
- You are comfortable working with legacy code whilst proactive at pushing technology approach and choice forward.
- You are open to learning and working with other technologies.
- You have experience of managing cross-functional, on-shore and off-shore teams.
- You have strong R&D skills i.e. Ability to identify and research the best technology for solving a problem.
- You have strong Performance Optimisation skills i.e. Ability to identify performance bottlenecks in the the API and Client layer, and solutions to mitigate them.
- You have experience with highly modularised applications.
- You have experience with various Android libraries and tools (Room DB, RxJava, Kotlin Flows, Android Navigation, Dagger, Koin, Gson, Retrofit etc).
- You are a full-stack Android development (UI, Services, Intents, Content Providers, Database, etc).
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your professional development with 20,000INR for L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean