Senior Android Engineer
As an Android Engineer at Tide, you’ll report directly to the People Manager and Head of Mobile Engineering (Functional) and work in a team of highly skilled Mobile engineers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You will be learning and sharing knowledge with our engineers on new things often, as we believe in experimentation, T-shaped engineering and collaborative learning for career growth
- You will be working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas. We have an exciting roadmap with brand new features and we will need you to solve interesting problems
- You will have the opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your experience connecting with less experienced engineers, collaborating and cheering together
- Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will work together with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions
- You will ideally join our Android and Flutter Community of Practices, and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome
- Career progression is as important to us as it is for you, and we, therefore, have put in place a Tide Growth Framework to guide you. With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire
Our company is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, that fosters cooperation in everything we do. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a supportive and rapidly expanding company!
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have working experience with Android as a Sofware Engineer
- You have experience with or willing to learn Flutter, as we are migrating to this technology
- You have experience with Android by using Java and Kotlin languages
- You are passionate about building great products in small, autonomous, agile teams
- You have a passion for automation tests and experience writing testable code
- You have experience building sleek, high-performance user interfaces and complex Mobile apps that successfully shipped to customers
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.