Senior BI Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Senior BI Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working on building out our BI capabilities and owning reporting across the company. Your key contribution will be to define, generate, analyse, interpret and communicate the metrics which underpin our business. You’ll help people in all areas of Tide make better, faster, more data-driven decisions and develop an expert knowledge of all areas of the business.
Your day will look a little like this:
- Building new BI capability: working closely with senior management to identify and assess the main KPIs driving business growth and performance
- Building, maintaining and communicating reports and dashboards to track key performance indicators against objectives
- Working with people across the company to enable them to self-serve Business Intelligence through BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Doing deep-dive analysis of data to both test specific hypotheses and generate new business insights to identify growth opportunities and make proactive recommendations to Senior Management to help with decision making and improve business performance.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics Teams
- Excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you’re working with
- Good understanding of business metrics such as conversion rates, CPAs and CLVs.
- Strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You can communicate your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
The highly desirables:
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or similar
- Proven experience in a start-up or fast growing company
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts and building new DW tables
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.