Senior BI Analyst
As a Senior BI Analyst you will work closely with the business to use your talents as an insights & analytics professional to help solve key business problems using data. You will also act as a data advocate and coach for the wider business in our mission to become a truly data-driven company by helping stakeholders to self serve simple data requests.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to help us really understand our members better and how we can best serve them. In addition to playing a key role in a Global team with the mission to help to improve the decisions people at Tide make using data. Some key challenges will consist in supporting our stakeholder’s needs as the company expands its product solutions and geographical footprint, contributing to the operational excellence of self serve reporting & insight generation whilst adapting to the company’s expansion.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Developing SQL code to interrogate our data to solve key business problems
- Proactively bringing new ideas to the table relating to business questions, analytics approaches, datasets and ways of working.
- Training business stakeholders of all levels on creating their own dashboards and analytics best practices. Self serve is really important here at Tide
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
- Communicating segmentation analysis, relevant trends and campaign performances (including SLA’s & KPI’s) to internal as well as external stakeholders and across the business
- Forecasting through Uncertainty/Sensitivity testing and scenario planning to create data driven performance from historic and current data
- Presenting insights to stakeholders & senior management, translating analysis into the 'so what?' and identifying possible actions to take as a result
- Presenting data in a clear and easy to comprehend manner, using visualisation tools(Looker).
- Working with Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain statistical concepts to business users
- You have experience in delivering actionable insight to support decision making in marketing, commercial, product, operational and/or strategic decisions
- You have experience in taking a business question or problem and turning it into an insight brief
- You have excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with & support other analyst to do so
- You have a good understanding of the business – you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value
- You have a track record of delivering insight and actionable recommendations in an analytical role
- You have the ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making
- You have experience in building models and dashboards to tight timelines and embedding these in operations to inform real-time business decisions,
- You have experience capturing stakeholder requirements across various levels of seniority and functions and building appropriate analytical solutions,
- You have strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity & form ambiguous questions into defined solutions to improve the business area
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid leave & WFH days
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office (when we're back there)
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.