Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
Directly reporting to the Head of Credit & Financial Risk, as a Senior Credit Risk Analyst you will be a key in the 2 LoD, managing credit risk in a growing company with a focus on scaling credit products.
As part of this role, you’ll get more in depth exposure to new product development and senior management, participating in Credit Risk Working Group and Risk & Compliance Committees and partnering with various internal/external stakeholders to automate the credit decisioning process and scaling the credit portfolio in multiple markets.
From a credit risk perspective, you will own the oversight of credit risk data, identify trends and develop an in-depth understanding of credit portfolios. This includes:
As a Credit Risk Analyst you’ll be:
- Identifying and independently overseeing the risks related to credit product portfolios (i.e. credit, conduct, fraud risks)
- Contributing to the design of procedures to monitor the performance of credit product portfolios
- Assessing new products/features, understanding the credit portfolios’ behavior through data analysis and partnering with 1LoD to identify/manage credit risk through the product life cycle
- Partnering with 1LoD, 2LoD and 3LoD stakeholders to ensure that Credit Risk is managed adequately
- Owning the creation of oversight tickets for Credit products ensuring its completion
- Analyzing the Credit risk for new products and lead cross-functional teams to obtain the credit risk committee approval of new credit products risk assessments
- Overseeing the compliance of the 1LoD with conduct risk for credit products and credit risk management
- Monitoring compliance with the credit products’ risk appetite and portfolio risk appetite/KRI
- Creating presentations for senior management, credit committees and auditors
- Adopting a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly identifying opportunities to enhance processes/procedures and adopt new tools/technologies
What makes you a great fit:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Credit Risk role, ideally in Fintech or within financial institutions in a retail, small business lending or commercial banking risk area
- Expertise in credit risk management for revolving / non revolving products (e.g. lines of credit, term loans)
- Work experience in an credit risk environment with automated processes and data driven decisioning tools/culture
- Strong analytical skills
- Worked in cross-functional projects and credit portfolio reporting
- Proficiency with one or more database querying tools (SQL, R, Python)
- Proficiency with analytical tools and visualization software (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Attention to detail and quality of the deliverables and a growth mindset
- Decision systems experience would also be beneficial – FICO Origination Manager Decision Module, FICO Triad Customer Manager, etc.
- University degree in business, financial engineering, engineering, statistics or any other quantitative discipline (desirable)
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.