Senior Data Analyst – Credit
Department: Business Intelligence
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As Senior Data Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will split your time between
- You will be working closely with the Credit team and different business areas in order to help them understand Tide’s customers better and make better decisions
- You will drive a culture of learning by helping to set up experiments and evaluate them
- You will write sql statements as part of our analytics team to help surface data that they have not seen before.
You will join our data community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain statistical concepts to business users
- Excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of drivers or performance optimisation and/or credit performance of portfolio
- Strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- Credit analysis/portfolio management experience or equivalent
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Though not required, it would be nice if you also had:
- You understand impairment / provisions in relation to lending, the key components of their calculation and their impact on the profitability of an institution.
- Experience in design, development and production of credit risk reporting.
- Proven experience in a start-up or fast growing company
- Experience working with Snowflake, dbt and Looker
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and building new DW tables
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!