Senior Data Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior Data Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will split your time between design, coding and coaching of other team members. You will participate in architecting, building and maintaining our data pipelines, model deployment and monitoring infrastructures.
You will join our data engineering community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
Who are we looking for?
- Extensive software development experience in Python/Java.
- Experience in building scalable, simple and reliable data systems.
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks such as Kafka streams.
- Experience with data serialization formats such as Avro or Parquet.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools such as MuleSoft.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud services in the Big Data sphere.
- Experience with microservices and Implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- A mindset of delivering simple, well-tested and well-documented software.
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A personality who takes ownership, values teamwork and has a constant desire to improve
Though not required, it would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in the financial sector specifically
- Experience in software architectures
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.