Senior Data Scientist
Department: Data Science
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Data Scientist at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
Tide is a company which runs on data. The Data team is a key driver to improve the decision making within the teams as well as to help build data-driven products.
As part of this role, you will be:
- Driving forward our data-driven mindset! You will be the person people turn to for analysis on business performance and for recommendations on how to make things better for our members.
- Working closely with our engineers in order to productionise your models
- Working closely with our business services team, in order to help them automate expense management and tax processes, solving real problems for small businesses
- Dig deep into our transaction data and help us to improve our transaction classification systems
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
The data science team performs most of its work in python. We use libraries such as sklearn, xgboost, keras, spacy, prophe . We value high quality in the work that we do and ensure reproducibility by using git, S3 and Docker. We aim to make data access simple by writing SQL queries against our Redshift data-warehouse or by building our own ETL processes using airflow. Our models are deployed in dockerized microservices or streaming applications.
We work closely together with the frontend teams, who have developed an amazing UX in our ios, android and webapps, in order to ensure that we track our customer interactions. The backend team wrote amazing APIs that we can use in order to access the various data sources within Tide. The DevOps team supports us in building deployment pipelines.
Lastly, we are in close collaboration with various business teams in order to ensure that our efforts don’t remain academic but help the business to grow and prosper.
- Extensive experience working with python 3.8 in order to solve data problems using libraries such as SciPy, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Experience working on with sequential data, such as experience working with RNNs or LSTMs
- Experience working with time-series data
- Experience in communicating your results both to business stakeholders as well as to engineers
- A personality who takes ownership, values teamwork and has a constant desire to improve.
The highly desirables:
- Experience working with transaction data is a big plus
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.