Senior Data Scientist
Department: Data Science
Employment Type: Full-time
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members. SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money. We are well funded, receiving both a 60m£ commitment from BCR in January as well as a 45m£ Series B in October.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
Tide is a company which runs on data. The Data team is a key driver to improve the decision making within the teams as well as to help build data-driven products.
As part of this role, you will be:
● Driving forward our data-driven mindset! You will be the person people turn to for analysis on business performance and for recommendations on how to make things better for our members.
● Working closely with our engineers in order to productionize your models
● Working closely with our business services team,in order to help them automate expense management and tax processes, solving real problems for small businesses
● Dig deep into our transaction data and help us to improve our transaction classification systems
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
● Extensive experience working with python 3.8 in order to solve data problems using libraries such as SciPy, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow or Pytorch
● Experience working on with sequential data, such as experience working with RNNs or LSTMs
● Experience working with time-series data
● Experience in communicating your results both to business stakeholders as well as to engineers
● A personality who takes ownership, values teamwork and has a constant desire to improve.
The highly desirables:
● Experience working with transaction data is a big plus