Senior Data Scientist
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior Data Scientist at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will split your time between statistical analysis, identifying and leveraging new data sources, identifying new applications for data science as well as coaching of other team members. You will be working closely with the business as well as the engineering teams in order to deliver business value within an agile framework.
You will join our data science community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
Who are we looking for?
- Extensive experience working with python to solve data problems
- Experience on working with different machine learning libraries such as xgboost, tensorflow, spacy, sklearn.
- Experience in formulating and solving statistical problems such as experimental design, time-series, causal inference, loss functions.
- Experience working with natural language processing
- Ability to distill business needs and identify key data science problems
- Experience in modeling financial and behavioural data both mathematically and statistically
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A personality who takes ownership, values teamwork and has a constant desire to improve.
Though not required, it would be nice if you also had:
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Experience of software development in Java
- Some knowledge of Docker or similar container technologies.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.