Senior Data Scientist (Marketing)
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Data Scientist at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working closely with our frontend and Marketing team in order to ensure good event tracking; Iterate Tides Marketing attribution system; working with business teams in order to run and evaluate experiments and using machine learning techniques in order to improve our targeting systems
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
The data science team performs most of its work in python. We use libraries such as sklearn, xgboost, keras, spacy, prophet in order to . We value high quality in the work that we do and ensure reproducibility by using git, S3 and Docker. We aim to make data access simple by writing SQL queries against our Redshift data-warehouse or by building our own ETL processes using airflow. Our models are deployed in dockerized microservices or streaming applications.
We work closely together with the frontend teams, who have developed an amazing UX in our ios, android and webapps, in order to ensure that we track our customer interactions. The backend team wrote amazing APIs that we can use in order to access the various data sources within Tide. The DevOps team supports us in building deployment pipelines.
Lastly, we are in close collaboration with various business teams in order to ensure that our efforts don’t remain academic but help the business to grow and prosper.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Extensive experience in tracking events in for mobile and web applications
- Experience in training and evaluating machine learning models using e.g. sklearn, xgboost, keras, pytorch, prophet
- Experience in causal inference such as experimental design and observational studies
- Good communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to communicate technical findings to a non-technical audience
The highly desirables:
- Experience in using NLP libraries such as spacy
- Experience in time series analysis
- Experience in building recommendation systems
With over 85,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- Flexible working
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing – we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days – get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins