Senior Data Scientist – Model Validation
As a Senior Data Scientist you will join our data science community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a rapidly expanding company!
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Conducting independent validation of new and existing data models.
- Working in the Risk and Compliance team as the second line of defense.
- Testing and checking the complex data models built by the awesome data team. This could include models such as the risk engine, transaction monitoring or the credit decisioning engine.
- Providing crucial assurance that the models built are fit for purpose, delivering business value, and are accurate.
- Collaborating closely with the data team and engineering teams to rectify any issues identified.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling. Strong in Python and bash.
- You have extensive experience with Machine Learning tools – TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- You are experienced with big-data technologies such as Spark, SparkML, Hadoop etc. Strong knowledge of Cloud (AWS or other).
- You have familiarity with basic data table operations (SQL etc.), data transform in warehouse (dbt etc.) and business intelligence software's (eg. Looker)
- You have excellent communication skills including the ability to explain statistical concepts and technical issues to business users
- You have excellent understanding of risk management, specifically for financial crime and credit risk are a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You have attention to detail – you spot issues or inconsistencies, and question everything.
- You are collaborative and are happy working with a variety of teams.
- You are able to challenge where required – but in the right way, soft skills are important here!
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- You have also be experienced working for a Fintech or FCA regulated business
- You have experience working in a Scale-Up.
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech's in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development with individual L&D
- Flexible working options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.