Senior Designer (UI/UX) – Contract
Department: Design, UX & Brand
Employment Type: Contract
As a Senior Product Designer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will work in our small but growing design team across our consumer apps, iOS, Android and Web. You’ll help shape Tide’s evolving brand and product experience. Working with the product and engineering teams on our ambitious and scaling products. We also work with the marketing team on brand creative and web. This is a flexible role as we have a lot to do – You could be working on a product feature in the app, on part of our website, researching a payment system or helping plan the next big thing to make business finances a breeze.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’re an exceptional UI and UX product designer with a portfolio showcasing your design work.
- You can take ownership over the product and lead less experienced stakeholders
- You’ve proven experience designing great digital experiences and products.
- You’re a pro in the tools we use (or similar) which are: Figma/Sketch, Invision, Principle, Adobe CC, pen and paper.
- You have worked in fast paced agile environments/startups/product agency.
- You like to craft stunning UI, but can also work within an existing design system.
- You can iterate ideas and rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes.
The highly desirables:
- You can solve complex problems and know where time can be spent most effectively.
- You take pride in creating beautiful designs but know that usability is crucial.
- You can communicate effectively, regardless of the audience.
- You are data driven – using both qualitative & quantitative data to influence your work.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in similar consumer facing apps.
- You know all about iOS and Android and their platform patterns.
- Experience in conducting user research.
- Strong technical knowledge, you don’t get lost in developer chat.
- Motion graphics, animation, video editing, illustration chops.
- Experience with atomic design systems, components, style guides.
With over 90,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members and putting them first.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, one type of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Tide is here for everyone. So why wouldn’t we build our teams like that? We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. And that is just one of the reasons why Tide is so great. We are proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.