Senior DevOps Engineer
As a senior member of the Cloud Engineering team, you’ll be working to provide tools, guardrails and advice to Tide’s engineers, enabling them to provision the cloud infrastructure they need to build out Tide’s extensive feature roadmap. You’ll also be tasked with ensuring the availability and security of our AWS-hosted, containerised microservices platform, and working to ensure that we’re ready to scale in line with our big international ambitions.
You’ll work closely with colleagues in Tide’s InfoSec function, as well as with engineering teams working in Java, Python, Swift and NodeJS and more. You’ll help us to roll out infrastructure across new territories around the world, ensuring standardised environments wherever Tide operates and enabling rapid rollout into new countries.
You’ll help us to scale our engineering function by providing standardised deployment pipelines, superior tooling and pursuing a desire to automate everything. Our aim for 2021 is to ensure that no engineer needs to wait for us to do their job – we’re aggressively pursuing a self-service model, working on tooling, and chasing down a backlog of tasks that machines are better at than humans.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building a rapid deployment pipeline to roll out new infrastructure environments in minutes
- Helping to remove Tide’s legacy infrastructure and standardise on modern, managed infrastructure
- Finding creative ways to remove awkward manual maintenance tasks
- Ensuring automatic compliance with Tide’s security standards and maintaining the security of our network perimeter
- Providing stable, secure, scalable core platform services like databases, Kafka, hardware security modules and container orchestration
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have wide-ranging experience with AWS
- You have strong understanding of Docker
- You’re great with Terraform and ideally have some Terragrunt experience
- You have strong Python coding skills
- You have a desire to build pipelines for everything
- You have a can-do attitude with an ability to own problems and see things through
- You have experience with a container orchestration tool like Kubernetes, ECS or Swarm
- You have an appreciation of software engineering principles
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid leave
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.