Senior DevOps Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world) your role will be a blend of coaching, nurturing and hands-on engineering. We are building an environment where continuous integration, delivery and deployment is a key focus and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible whilst having fun. You will be responsible for:
Supporting your teams towards continuous delivery:
- Be an advocate of the DevOps mindset, through coaching, mentoring and training
- Influence the platform, tools and environment for DevOps in Tide
- Strive for almost 100% automation of our DevOps processes
- Work both inside and outside of multiple Scrum teams
- Drive platform migrations and upgrades
- Continuously improve platform reliability, monitoring, alerting, performance and security
- Empower and support team members to remove impediments, and escalate organisational blockers
- Help to establish and actively participate in the Tide DevOps Community of Practice, sometimes taking the lead
- Tide provides 24/7 banking so you will be expected to participate in 3rd line support duties
- You will have good persuading & listening skills
- We use Terraform, Amazon Web Services, Bitbucket and Jenkins, amongst others
Who are we looking for?
- At least 2 years experience as a DevOps, Cloud or Site Reliability Engineer
- Experienced supporting Java or Frontend development, including code delivery pipelines, scaling and infrastructure
- Passionate about automation, build pipelines, release trains, infrastructure-as-code, IaaS, PaaS and all things DevOps
- Comfortable coaching software engineers in the principles and tools of DevOps to enable them to become self-sufficient
- You’ve probably built large-scale applications in the cloud supporting hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Exposure to Agile principles, processes, and practices
- Bonus points if you have SecOps skills or exposure to security projects and/or big data experience
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
With over 90,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- Flexible working
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing – we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days – get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins