Senior Financial Controller
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
It’s exciting times here at Tide, we are scaling and developing our product offering at a phenomenal rate and have made our first step into our ambitious plans towards international expansion with our move into the Indian SME marketplace. We need someone to be proactive, take initiative and build out best in class financial reporting and control processes and procedures for our Indian operations.
As our new Financial Controller you’ll report to the VP of Finance and be responsible for the financial controllership of our Indian entities.
As a Senior Financial Controller you’ll be:
- Ensuring proper books and records for all financial transactions
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, annual financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Maintaining best practice documentation of accounting policy and papers for material transactions and revenue recognition
- Building robust financial control processes and strengthening internal control framework
- Collaborating with the Group financial reporting team to ensure consistency and adherence with Group reporting policies, controls and procedures.
- Legal entity control and intercompany balance reconciliation
- Collaborating with the Group financial reporting team to ensure consistency and adherence with Group reporting policies, controls and procedures
- Partnering business leaders in India and collaborating with the Global FP&A team on financial planning and forecasting activities
- Collaborating with the Global Treasury team on working capital, cash and FX management associated with our Indian operations
- Managing relationships with external auditors, tax advisors and outsourced accounting providers
- Advising business areas and collaborating with other departments on tax, transfer pricing and accounting matters – Acting as taxation and finance SME for our India-based operations
- Collate financial data for the preparation of tax and regulatory reporting, ensuring compliance with tax, export and RBI legislation
- Regular reporting financial performance, financial risk, financial control and taxation matters to management and the Finance & Audit Committee
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve accounting processes, operations and systems
- Overseeing the monthly ledger close, cost accounting and accounts payable function of our Indian operations
- Growing and developing the financial control team
What makes you a great fit:
- Experience working in fintech or payment services
- Strong financial acumen and excellent technical accounting skills. Familiar with accounting standard and disclosure requirements under Indian GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experienced in dealing with the statutory audit of financial services company
- Experienced in dealing with cross-border services, transfer pricing and Indian export legislation (FEMA)
- You hold a professional finance qualification (CA)
- 8+ years PQE
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
- Commercial acumen
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility for business-critical financial operations
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Curious mind and high level of problem solving capability
- Motivated by making a difference and getting things done
- You would like to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Personable, and able to build strong working relationships
- Tech savvy
- Hold a degree from a top-tier university
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.