Senior FP&A Analyst
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As a Senior FP&A Analyst you’ll be a key part of the Finance team helping the FP&A team to build forecasts, budgets, and continually monitor actual financial results against those forecasts/budgets. You will take an active role in partnering with various departments across the business: collating and framing company data, building financial models to assess financial viability of business cases, continually tracking and monitoring financial performance, and meeting with various stakeholders to gather and communicate key financial information. You will be highly involved in the management accounting and reporting process, as well as helping to produce ad-hoc reports.
Tide is growing at a phenomenal rate, and as such the finance team is expanding and continually seeking to improve the finance function. The Senior FP&A Analyst will work closely with the FP&A Lead to implement a new financial planning software in 2022/23, as well as drive process improvements within the FP&A function.
As a Senior FP&A Analyst you’ll be:
- Building budgets and financial forecasts as part of the quarterly reforecasting cycle
- Assuming responsibility for admin and ongoing configuration / development of our FP&A system – AnaPlan for revenue, headcount, costs and cash flow forecasting
- Monitoring actual vs budget reports
- Working with the Finance team to complete the monthly close and management reporting process.
- Partnering with the People team whilst taking ownership of the budgeted hiring plan
- Business partnering – working closely with the budget owners to monitor financial performance and seek cost optimisation opportunities and efficiencies
- Playing a key role in development and support of continuous process improvements
- Working with the FP&A and Transformation team to implement a new financial planning application – AnaPlan
- Adhoc projects, such as reviewing the financial viability of specific business cases
What makes you a great fit:
- You are a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA equivalent)
- You have solid systems ability, in particular advanced Excel and Google Sheets as well as advanced knowledge of FP&A systems including AnaPlan or equivalent experience in other FP&A systems
- You have a proven track record with process improvements
- You are confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
- You are proactive & solution focused with high attention to detail and sound analytical skills
- You have outstanding organisational and prioritisation skills including the ability to work to tight deadlines
- You have a minimum of five years’ relevant / transferable experience
- You are personable and able to build robust working relationships
- You may also have experience with key accounting software implementation, such as an ERP system or ‘Best in class’ core finance platforms with integration to HR and financial planning systems
- You may also have experience working at a fintech in Credit and/or Payments sectors
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Flexible working options and WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.