Senior HR Data Analyst
Department: People & Culture
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a data-driven Talent Acquisition Operations Manager who will bring systems approach to Tide's hiring processes so we can continuously offer a world class hiring experience. You will have an opportunity to help shape the strategic direction of how recruiting is done at Tide, using data and analytics to optimise how we attract, source, recruit, interview, onboard and more.
You’ll be working on all things recruitment-related, designing, creating, implementing new processes and improving existing ones. An analytical, people-focused and inquisitive individual, you’ll also be able to bring the projects to life whilst supporting our day-to-day Talent Partner needs across our current 3 main offices as well as new locations as we continue to grow.
As a Talent Acquisition Ops Manager you'll be:
- Ensure the smooth running of Talent Acquisition operations and processes, including applicant tracking and interview coordination software administration, interview coordination, data integrity, dashboards, monthly metrics and reporting
- Support the Talent function by building operational process efficiencies to deliver a high-quality candidate experience
- Use data to develop and maintain an effective hiring process and an exceptional candidate experience
- Develop and implement process improvements that drive operating excellence.
- Design and build reporting dashboards so that our managers, recruiters, finance team, and leadership are able to access quickly in an easy to read format
- Improve our self-service by creating guidance documents, toolkits and workflows for key processes, educating and training the business
- Cleanse and audit to make sure we hold accurate data, you will act as the guardian of data integrity.
What makes you a great fit:
- Experience within the Talent Acquisition space
- Previously worked as an analyst, operations analyst or operations manager
- Strategic thinker with analytical skills to interpret raw data, recognize patterns as well as experience partnering with leadership on recruiting strategy and hiring initiatives.
- Self-directed, detailed oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- Strong detailed and conceptual thinking skills to analyse problems and propose solutions
- Process and system focused, familiar with Greenhouse, BambooHR, Workday and GoodTime.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.