Senior iOS Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
You, as a Senior iOS Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our onboarding, credit, payments, business services, member engagement or technology areas. We have five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. You will be the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality. Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our iOS Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
Currently the iOS team is mixed with lovely developers, who came from different places with different backgrounds, some of us studied Computer Science, some have a passion for food but not for coffee, but everyone loves travelling and enjoys having conversations with peers. We meet weekly to discuss our work in progress, new approaches and fun discoveries. We took the modularization approach where the project is split into horizontal and vertical modules, to allow all of us working in parallel.
We’re an international scale-up, we’re busy! If fast-paced environments, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on rapidly growing scale-up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- At least four years of iOS development experience.
- Strong knowledge in Swift and ObjC and recent iOS SDKs.
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and iOS architectures.
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs and associated libraries.
- Experience writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle.
- Experience building sleek, high performance user interfaces and complex iOS apps that successfully shipped to customers.
- Experience with pull requests and code reviewing.
- Version control with GIT.
- JIRA, CI/CD (Jenkins/Buddy Build etc).
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Strong communication skills.
The highly desirables:
- Functional Reactive Programming.
- Pair programming.
- UI Testing.
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data-driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data-driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.