Senior iOS Engineer
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
You, as a Senior iOS Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our onboarding, credit, payments, business services, member engagement or technology areas. We have five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. You will be the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality. Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our iOS Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
Currently the iOS team is mixed with lovely developers, who came from different places with different backgrounds, some of us studied Computer Science, some have a passion for food but not for coffee, but everyone loves travelling and enjoys having conversations with peers. We meet weekly to discuss our work in progress, new approaches and fun discoveries. We took the modularization approach where the project is split into horizontal and vertical modules, to allow all of us working in parallel.
We’re an international scale-up, we’re busy! If fast-paced environments, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on rapidly growing scale-up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- At least four years of iOS development experience.
- Strong knowledge in Swift and ObjC and recent iOS SDKs.
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and iOS architectures.
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs and associated libraries.
- Experience writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle.
- Experience building sleek, high performance user interfaces and complex iOS apps that successfully shipped to customers.
- Experience with pull requests and code reviewing.
- Version control with GIT.
- JIRA, CI/CD (Jenkins/Buddy Build etc).
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Strong communication skills.
The highly desirables:
- Functional Reactive Programming.
- Pair programming.
- UI Testing.
With over 200,000 members, we're the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, and religions. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office