Senior Operations Manager – Payments
Department: Payment Services
As a Senior Operations Manager you’ll become a key member of Tide’s Payments Team. Accountable for reviewing and improving processes, you’ll also manage a small team ensuring optimal performance. You will also work with teams across the company – including Member Support, Financial Crime, Finance, Technology, and Product – as well as with our suppliers and Tide Members.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Assuming overall accountability for payments operational processes and member service performance
- Defining new processes and improving existing processes
- Monitoring, reporting and acting on product and process performance
- Managing operations team members and overseeing output
- Creating business cases for solutions to improve payments operations
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are organised, systematic and able to manage team members whilst delivering on multiple pieces of work at the same time
- You are autonomous and able to lead the team with minimal oversight
- You are technically proficient, comfortable with excel and SQL, with a good understanding of RESTful APIs and web services, RDBMS (specifically MySQL), troubleshooting backend, web and mobile applications
- Your are resilient, willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it’s solved
- You are willing to participate in the out of hours on-call rota, ensuring that urgent issues are responded to, escalated and addressed effectively, and in line with policy and process
- You are experienced with Jira and Confluence, and familiar with customer ticketing systems
- You have worked in finance, consulting, technology, or started your own company
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You are customer-focused and a team player
- You are okay with ambiguity, and enjoy working in a complex, technical industry
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.