Senior Platform/DevOps Engineer
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will be helping to design and build the core infrastructure platform that supports Tide’s global businesses. You will help us complete and evolve our new Kubernetes based deployment platform, roll it out to our new markets and migrate our existing UK business to this new platform.
You will work closely with our engineering teams to make sure our platform meets their needs and with our Information Security team to ensure we meet and exceed our regulatory obligations.
We are committed to a 100% Infrastructure-as-Code approach to infrastructure builds using Terraform and currently deploy exclusively to AWS. We also follow the GitOps model of application deployment and use tools such as ArgoCD, Helm and Crossplane to facilitate this approach. You will work closely with our Developer Experience team to make this model for deploying and managing services usable for our engineers.
Our UK business is currently using an older version of our infrastructure platform and this role will also require you to assist engineers in working with, and migrating away from, that older platform.
As a Senior Platform/DevOps Engineer you’ll be:
- Working as part of a larger Platform Engineering team, comprising Platform Infrastructure (your team), Developer Experience, Platform Operations and Platform Data Engineering.
- Working with stakeholders to understand the characteristics they require from our platform.
- Writing Terraform and Helm charts to define our infrastructure and configure the middleware/shared services that support the platform.
- Working collaboratively alongside other senior Platform/DevOps engineers to define and implement best practices.
- Directly supporting engineers to understand what tools and access they need to effectively use the platform (and then working with Developer Experience to make sure those tools get built).
- Helping to identify, research and implement new technologies that will improve the platform.
- Promoting understanding of the capabilities of the platform throughout Tide’s engineering department.
- Mentoring and teaching (and being open to learning from your peers)
What makes you a great fit:
- Having an extensive career on the ‘DevOps’ track. We’re looking for over 5+ years of experience and most of that should be in a DevOps/Platform Engineering type role.
- Still enjoying and looking for a hands-on role.
- Having spent the majority of your career working in Cloud hosted environments.
- You consider yourself an AWS expert with at least five years of hands-on AWS experience.
- Very strong Kubernetes, Terraform and Python skills.
- Having a ‘platform’ mentality where you understand that we’re building on behalf of our engineers who will rely on our services to build and innovate.
- Enjoy working with engineers
- Enjoy an environment where everyone’s ideas are heard and considered.
- Having an understanding of the GitOps pattern and experience in related technologies (ideally ArgoCD)
- Good understanding of the Kubernetes ecosystem and ideally some experience with services like Traefik, Linkerd, KEDA and HCP Vault.
- Happy to work in a highly regulated and security-conscious industry.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.