Senior Product Designer
Department: Design, UX & Brand
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Senior Product Designerat Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As a Senior Product Designer you will work across our consumer apps, ios, android and web. You’ll work with the product and engineering teams on our ambitious and rapidly scaling products. You’ll take the design lead on a product area and work within a focused team – as well as evolving Tide’s design systems and user experience. As a design team we work closely and collaboratively, everyone’s input and opinion is shared to help us all create the best work.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’re an experienced designer with a portfolio showcasing your product design work.
- You have several years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience focused on digital software products.
- You have experience designing for consumer facing native apps – iOS and Android.
- You can solve complex problems and know where time can be spent most effectively.
- You are experienced in detailed interaction design and complex system flows.
- You work best as part of a team collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other designers.
- You take ownership and need minimal oversight.You can support and coach less-experienced design team members and bring them up to a higher level.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively, regardless of the audience.
- While providing the best user experience you understand business goals and constraints.
- You seek out data for decision making and have experience conducting or supporting user research.
- You’re a pro in the tools we use (or similar) Figma, Invision, Illustrator, Principle, After Effects, Photoshop.
- You have experience with atomic design systems, components and style guides.
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here