Senior Product Designer
Department: Design, UX & Brand
We’re looking for a bright, talented Senior Product Designer who is passionate about brilliant customer experiences, and knows how to make them happen. The impact and scope of this role are huge, and you’ll be a key contributor to our continued success as we shape the future of our financial platform for Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
Your work here will shape how our customers (Tide ‘Members’) interact with their finances on a daily basis, helping them to grow their business and giving them time back to do what they love.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product designers, content designers and researchers – and hand-in-hand with developers, data scientists, product owners, and VPs to define, design, build and shape a world-class SME financial platform.
We want to create a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You'll lead Product Design for a product area. This includes driving the future vision of this area, making sure it complements a cohesive overall Tide experience, delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- You'll be embedded in a cross-functional team of Product Managers, UX Writers, Researchers and other Product Designers
- You’ll be responsible for all design artifacts, and working across all stages including initial discovery, research and journey mapping through to the execution of final high-fidelity designs. Throughout, you’ll be informed by our design system and the Tidean Design Principles
- You'll deeply understand the members you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, gleaning previous insights, digging into usage analytics, or running your own research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you're solving. So we create products that save our members time and money.
- Working to make sure your team isn't just shipping great designs, but are deeply involved throughout the design thinking process end to end.
- Executing (and advocating for) polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences. You're pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- Helping to raise the bar for design at Tide. We're a small but mighty team where every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of practice—whether that's through improving our craft skills and leading rituals to giving great feedback.
- You'll work to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all aligned and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant commercial experience in a comparable UX Design role
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher
- In-depth knowledge of User Experience and Product Design methodologies – including Design Thinking – across the full range of user-centred design activities
- Keen to manage and direct small teams, and take ownership of design projects
- Demonstrable experience of using prototyping tools (Figma is a must) to visualise ideas, and create high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience of the full cycle of Design Thinking, and awareness of how to implement this at scale within a growing business
- Led or played a key role in the design of world-class product design and launch in a fast-growing company before.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience in retail banking or other retail financial services
- Experience working on a consumer-facing UK mobile app
- Previous experience mentoring designers is a big plus as we’re growing fast
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London (UK) Sofia (Bulgaria) and Hyderabad (India), where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who can juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.